A healer’s power stems not from any special ability, but from maintaining the courage and awareness to embody and express the universal healing power that every human being naturally possesses. — E. Leventhal
Spiritual healers are shamans in their own right. They are people who allow the energy of Spirit to flow through them in a way that guides, rejuvenates and empowers others. The spiritual healer is also a wounded healer. In other words, by healing themselves, they heal others.
If you’re a healer, chances are there are signs, signals, and cues all around you. The key is knowing where to look.
You don’t need to know a medium or see an intuitive reader of any kind to know that you have a healing gift.
All you need to do is look at your own life.
Here’s a list of 29 signs that you are a healer. Some may surprise you.
29 Signs That You’re A Healer:
- You feel extreme empathy, often feeling emotions and experiences as physical sensations of pain and hurt.
- You’re often told it’s soothing to be around you.
- Those around you rarely get sick.
- You have now or have ever been diagnosed with anxiety or panic disorders.
- You have now or have ever been diagnosed with any mood disorder.
- You think of solutions for others to make their lives better.
- You have a strong desire to help others, even at a loss of your own resources or needs.
- You’re already in a traditional healing field – medical workers, massage therapists, chiropractors, guidance counselors, physical therapists, veterinarians or vet techs, and more.
- You have a history of healers in your family. Your parents, siblings, grandparents, great-grandparents, etc. are or were engaged in healing based professions – medical, touch, spoken, or otherwise.
- You frequently experience heightened awareness in public places – difficulty breathing or nervous butterflies.
- You walk into a room and can immediately tell if there’s been a fight or a disagreement before you arrived.
- You’re the person people turn to for comfort, problem solving, and kind words during difficult times. . . and you always help.
- You find yourself feeling like problems of others are dumped on you for fixing.
- You’re frequently drained at the end of the day, especially on days involving large amounts of social interacting.
- You’ve noticed that you have special touch with animals.
- Small children and animals are often drawn to you, even when they’re shy around others
- Complete strangers spill their life stories to you without asking.
- People ask you for back and shoulder rubs, or back scratches and you’re known for being good at them.
- You like to ensure people feel comfortable when they’re visiting your home or space.
- You often feel overwhelmed with the amount of things you’ve agreed to help others with.
- You regularly experience shoulder and neck pain.
- Your friends and coworkers often come to you for your trusted opinion on potential romantic prospects or new job hires.
- Your preferred method of exercise is based in the outdoors – going on a walk, a jog, or doing yoga in nature while breathing fresh air is both stimulating and relaxing to you.
- You have an interest in Spiritual based healing methods – energy healing, reiki, shamanism, or otherwise.
- Your hands and palms often feel tingly – pins and needles, buzzing, throbbing, vibrating, or pulsating.
- You’re attracted to crystals for their beauty and potential healing properties.
- You seek natural based healing methods, as alternatives to westernized medicine.
- You experience frequent headaches or digestive issues.
- You’re reading this list right now.