Main causes of anxiety
- Post traumatic stress
- Experiencing panic phobia
- Major personal loss
- Side effects of medication
- Withdrawal of alcohol or illicit drug
- Acute illness
- Stimulant may also induce it
- Over breathing release more carbon dioxide and take less oxygen
- Stress at work, school, college, personal relation, etc.
- Financial tension
- Stress due to natural disaster and physical abuse
- Brain chemical imbalance
- Irritable bowel syndrome
- Excessive unrelenting worry
- Repressed libido, drowsiness and imbalance
- Alcoholism, drugs abuse and smoking
- Teeth grinding (bruxism)
- Continuous headache
- Digestion problem
- Cardiovascular complication
- Increases cholesterol level
- Hypertension and thicken blood vessels
- Suicidal tendency is high
- Fear of open space
- Loss of sexual drive
- Weaken of immune system
Anxiety risk factors
- Persistent stress
- Serious illness
- Abnormalities in pituitary gland that control stress
- Chronic health condition
- Childhood trauma
- Women have twice the risk than men
- More prevalent to children
- Family dynamics and psychological aspects
- Social aloofness and threatening environment
- Pre-existing emotional disorder
- Separation from parents at the early stage
Anxiety is the outcome of continuous fear, unnecessary thoughts, tension etc. Yoga helps to relax, and release tension, stress, strain and the disorder. Yoga, a component of alternative medicine, plays a bigger role in relaxing the mood and effectively enabling mental health. In fact, Yoga poses helps to achieve overall mental health thereby control the problem and panic disorders. Yoga, Pranayama and Meditation are beneficial in curing of it and panic attack. Yoga poses ensure balanced blood supply to brain thereby ease the disorder and improves mood.
- Shavasana is highly useful for stress related physical or mental tiredness. This is the yoga posture effective to reduce stress.
- Makarasana relieve the physical and mental tiredness.
- Pranayama helps a more peaceful state of mind by reducing stress and negative thinking. This is beneficial for all types of anxiety disorders.
- Sheetli Pranayama plays vital roles in curing of panic attack disorders by keeping the mind cool and calm.
- Sheetkari Pranayama minimized the impact of irritation, restlessness and impatience.
- Nadi Sodhana Pranayama quite effective to calm the body.
- Meditation focuses concentration and keeps your fears away. Meditation is effective to lower the level of anxiety.
- Forward and backward bending poses reduces the excessive condition.
- Yoga Nidra acts on the subconscious level to bring about a state of homeostasis in the body and mind.
- Asanas maintain a healthy nervous system.
Ayurveda for anxiety cure
Ayurveda is a vital component of AYUSH that can bring balance between health body and anxiety. Ayurveda cures it through simple natural treatment and Ayurvedic medicine and herbal medicine. Various Ayurvedic herbs are available to reduce the level of the disorder with ease. These days herbal tea for the condition is also being used.
- Drop basil leaves juice in the nostrils to soothe brain and used as Ayurvedic treatment for it.
- Use of Ayurvedic herbs juice like Shankhushpi or Petha or Brahmi into the nasal show good result.
- Ashwagandha handles stress effectively.
- Bacopa alleviates mental stress and exhaustion.
- Clarocet is good who is suffering from it, depression and insomnia.
- Orange juice + honey are used as Ayurveda for the disorder as well as to lessen heart beat.
- Grind almond + Milk + Saffron + Ginger + Nutmeg also help in calming down.
- Whole body massage reduces the gravity of it.
- For calming effect use tea of Tagar + Musta + 1 cup of warm water.
- Orange juice + Honey + Nutmeg powder are useful to relieve it as well as lessen heart beat rate.
Bath with Ginger + Baking soda helps to soothe the condition.
- Ignatia amara, a product from the fruits of Strychnos ignatia, is quite effective for grief and used as homeopathic treatment to ease from panic disorders.
- Homeopathic medicine like Natrum muriaticum keeps away focus from negative feelings and insults.
- Aconite napelus is used when somebody is experiencing great shock, even fear of death.
- For interview/examination/test, use yellow jasmine.
- Staphysagria- for emotional condition.
- Aconitum napellus is used in case of immense gravity of the problem.
- Argentum nitricum is helpful to overcome an anxiety before a big event like interview, marriage, public speech etc.
- Arsenicum album is given who is deep concern of their health and security.
- Calcarea carbonica is a remedy who starting fear due to illness and over worked.
- Gelsemium is suggested when somebody experiencing mental uneasiness weakness out of fear.
- The disorder develops out of extreme workload from workplace, Kali phosphoricum is the suitable option.
- Lycopodium is recommended for mental stress and poor self confidence.
- When the patient is surrounded by acute anxiety, Phosphorous is suggested.
Anxiety prevention & precautions
- Cut your spices as these foods stimulate your body and mind.
- Avoid acid forming foods.
- Caffeine is responsible for mood swing.
- Food sensitivities may show adverse impact.
- Avoid fried or over cooked foods.
- Avoid spiced foods
- Avoid coffee, tea, cold drinks.
- Keep yourself away from smoking.
- Avoid Pan Masala, Gutka, tobacco, etc.
- Avoid unhealthy substance like alcohol, drug and beverages.
Naturopathy treatment for anxiety
Anxiety may ruin the life of a person if effective remedial measures are not taken at the right time. Naturopathy treatments have considerable positive impact on the disorder without any side effect. Naturopathic medicines are safe and secure to cope up with it. Natural therapies and nature cure treatment balance health and effectively treat phobia, panic disorders etc. However, for serious problems, it is better to consult a naturopathy physician.
- Anti-anxiety diet in the form of multi-vitamin and minerals fight and eliminate anxiety. Diet like salads, fruits, soups, juices, sprout, green vegetables and boiled vegetables ward off it.
- Diet and the disorder are interlinked as soothing natural diet like juices water, seasonal fruits etc. helps to ease it.
- Hydrotherapy-Hot arm and foot bath, Mud bath, Neutral immersion bath, Cold spinal bath. Hydrotherapy lightens the condition, stress and tension. It is the natural and simple way in relaxing and calming the mind.
- Acupuncture calms it and alleviates from excessive worrying.
- Acupressure and reflexology calm down the level of it.
- Plantain leaf sun bath soothe the condition.
- Massage therapy eliminates tension and reduces stress.
- Aromatherapy with jasmine, rose, sandalwood oil too reduce it.
Simple home remedy for anxiety
There are many effective home remedies for anxiety disorders. These are safe and easiest way to ease from fear, stress and tension. People are using homemade cure for the disorders. Some of the important home remedies are given below:
- Do regular exercise as it provides relaxation to body and mind thus minimized the scope of the disorders.
- Foods like orange blossom, cloves, balm and lavender reduce the level of it and good natural remedy.
- Interaction with the family and friends has calming and relaxing effect.
- Hot shower bath soothes the condition.
- Holiday tour with dear and near ones is one of the major aspects to reduce social anxiety.
- Ashwagandha is a well-known herbal to cure it.
- Give more attention to your sleeping.
- Food rich in calcium and amino acid has calming effect.
- Do yoga
- Do massage
Diet for anxiety relieving
Diet plays an important role to ease from panic disorders, phobia and other forms of anxiety disorders. Balanced diet and food rich in vitamin B-Complex are the best defense against such attack. There are lots of foods or food products that exaggerate the condition. Prevention is also necessary to control it. As a preventive measures, foods like fried, over cooked and spiced foods should be avoided.
- Balanced diet that contains vegetables, fruits, vitamin, minerals and whole grains is the best defense against such attacks.
- The foods that lack vitamin B complex increased the feelings of it.
- Eating process should be at regular interval of time instead of thrice a day.
- Alcohol exaggerates the situation.
- Fresh juices and water relieves it.
- Diet enriched in saturated fat seems to ease it.
- Vitamin B1 foods (Asparagus, Soy milk, Barley, Oats, Wheat, Sunflower Seeds, etc.) are good during the disorder.
- Avocados, Yogurt, Milk, Mushrooms etc. are friendlier foods as these strengthen our immune system. .
- Vitamin B6 (Sweet potatoes, Avocados, Bananas, Mangoes, Sunflower Seeds, potatoes, etc.) helps to produce Serotonin that able t cope the condition.
- Vitamin B12, Folic acid, Niacin, Patothenic acid, Alpha Linolenic acid, Biotin, Calcium etc. are also friendlier foods.
- Increase the intake of starches as it has calming effect.
- Foods like Milk, Bananas, Soy, contain tryptophan that show relaxing effect.
- Keep yourself away from chocolate, strong spices, sugar eggplant and peppers.